I’m glad the feature image didn’t terrify you enough to not read this. So, I keep meaning to buy face masks but I’m always forgetting. So one night I decided to try out one I came across on Pinterest. I never do these homemade face masks, because well, I’m just too lazy. But this one was so simple I couldn’t not give it a go.
Benefits of Egg Whites:
- Tightens and closes up large pores.
- Tightens and lifts skin.
- Reduces oily skin.
- Helps get rid of black heads.
- Delays premature aging by reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
What you will need:
- 1 egg.
- Brush to apply egg white.
- Strips of tissue paper.
- (Lemon and honey are optional, though I didn’t use them here)
- Start with a clean fresh face.
- Separate your egg white from the egg yolk.
- Whisk your egg white until it becomes fluffy and light. A fork will do for this you don’t need an electric whisk.
- Paint small sections of this egg white onto your face.
- Place a strip of tissue over this. ( use 2 strips of tissue depending on thickness, I like to separate 2 layer kitchen paper as it’s thicker)
- Go over that strip with more egg white.
- Repeat this method (4-6) until your face is covered.
- Make sure the tissues connected so the mask comes off as one.
- Leave for 15-20mins. You’ll feel it harden.
- Wash off with luke warm face cloth.
I swear afterwards your face will be left feeling bright and super soft. I just throw on my regular moisturiser then after. It had definitly removed black heads and some pores. Other times it has brought them to the surface which has made it easier to remove them. Obviously you should probably avoid this if you’re allergic to eggs.
If you try this out let know how you got on 🙂
Until Next Time,