So this post comes from my nomination for The Liebster Award from the lovely Katie at The Style Blossom. I’m obsessed with Instagram and it’s where I came across Katie’s blog. So be sure to check it out.
The Liebster Award is basically chosen by bloggers for bloggers. Just a great way of promoting blogs you’ve been loving as well as the people behind them.
How does it work?
Firstly, thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
Answer 11 questions provided by the person who nominated you.
Share 11 random facts about yourself.
Nominate up to 11 other new bloggers who you think deserve the award, and ask them 11 questions of your own.
PART 1: 11 questions from The Style Blossom
1.How did you choose your blog’s name?
I was thinking of a look that I love, leather, red lips and leopard print. So I wanted Leather Lips and Lifestyle, but it was taken (it’s now my tagline). I knew I wanted leather anyway, so thought of other words and ‘confessions’ came to me. So threw the two together. It wasn’t until it was official and out there that I realised it sounds like a dirty old brothel, oh well.
2. What was the last song you couldn’t get out of your head?
Coldplay ft Beyoncé ‘Hymn For The Weekend’, that song is too catchy.
3. If you could collaborate or work with any brand, who would it be and why?
Ah so many, my top ones would be Penneys/Primark, and Topshop. Or Asos, or Mango. If we are talking about the big boys then Gucci….waiting on their call any day now.
4.What trend are you currently loving?
Fashion wise, I love the clashing of prints. It shouldn’t work but it does.
5. Who was the first person you told that you were going to/had started your blog?
That would be my boyfriend Johnny. After that then my friends found out when I had posted about it on Facebook and Instagram. Kept them in the dark.
6.If you could meet anyone in the world, living or dead, who would it be and why?
Too many people. Alive, would probably be Bruce Springsteen. He is my God. Just a big sexy legend so he is. Dead would be Salvador Dali. He is my favourite artist and I’m obsessed with the man. He was bat shit crazy and I think we’d get along famously.
7.What’s your favourite post that you’ve written?
My outfit posts are my favourite to do. So my favourite outfit one would be All In The Details OOTD#3, I love the backdrop and the look is quintessentially me. Other than that I love The Diary of an Unemployed Girl- The walk to the dole office is not the walk of shame. It was the first true honest personal post. I was terrified of peoples reactions but I got an amazing response from people.
8.How would you describe your personal style?
I find this one always hard to answer. My style depends on my mood so it varies alot. I like to wear that one piece that stands out, I don’t enjoy blending in with everyone ha. I guess you could describe my look as comfortable and kitsch.
9. What was the last beauty product you discovered that you can’t live without?
That would have to be The Blank Canvas Master Series Palette. I just can’t put it down. It has everything. My go to. Obsessed.
10. Who is your favourite fictional character?
I tend to fall in love with books or movies themselves as oppose to characters. So I’m going to be boring and say Ross from Friends. He by far has the funniest lines and stories.
11.What has surprised you most about blogging?
What has surprised me is how nice most people are. I can’t get over the amount of support and positive comments I’ve received. It makes doing this blog a whole lot more meaningful. On the otherside of that, I’m most surprised how it’s those you expect to show support are the ones lacking it. We live, we learn.
PART 2: 11 random facts about me
- I really dislike cats. They give me the willies.
- My bedroom used to be a shrine to Busted. Every. Inch. Covered. Obsessed. I used to write them fan mail too….probably should have kept that to myself.
- My biggest fear is heights.
- I will not get in a lift alone. Can you imagine getting stuck? Just no.
- Those clear glass cups and saucers you get freak me out.
- I only drink tea and coffee. Barely any minerals…yes I’m severely dehydrated.
- I always wanted to be a TV presenter.
- When I’m really sick, I hallucinate that a giant Tic Tac is running up the stairs to attack me. True story.
- I was in the same room as Anna Wintour. This is information EVERYONE needs to know.
- I shaved my face when I was 6. Was an epic blood bath.
- I’ve only been able to wink up until last year.
PART 3: 11 questions for my nominees
- How did you come up with your blog name?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What is your favourite beauty brand?
- What is your most favourite item of clothing you own?
- What bloggers do you look up to most?
- What is your favourite thing about blogging?
- What 3 people would you have at a dinner party and why? Dead or Alive.
- What is your dream job?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- What is your favourite post you’ve written?
- Describe yourself in 3 words.
PART 4: My nominees
Style & Prejudice Style & Prejudice
Grey Skies and Silver Linings Grey Skies and Silver Linings
The Ciara Chronicles The Ciara Chronicles
Kayleighs Kreations Kayleighs Kreations
Mastering Your MakeUp Mastering Your MakeUp
Yellow Polka Dot Bikini Yellow Polka Dot Bikini Blog
The Self Improver The Self Improver
Charlotte Shares Charlotte Shares
This is your mission should you choose to accept it. I had so much fun doing this post, so look forward to reading those that do this. Just a great way of getting to know bloggers on a personal level and promoting those you enjoy. Thanks again to Katie for the nomination.
<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14763631/?claim=3r3kn93rken”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
YOUTUBE: Leather Confessions